Thursday 16 February 2012

Retro F1 Fitty of the week. Jacques Villeneuve

Now this week's Retro F1 Fitty was difficult for me to write about.
Mainly because the title of this blog post should really be Retro Geeky F1 Fitty of the week.

But that title, although accurate. Is a little bit too long.
Now for those who don't know me personally.
I like geeky looking boys.
Stick a pair of glasses on a boy and I literally swoon at the knees.

That's why this Fitty of the week, won't appeal to everyone.
But it will appeal to the lovers of geek chic.

My Retro F1 Fitty of the week is Jacques Villeneuve.

Now we might of forgotten about the random hairstyles, the three times too big overalls and the interchangeable girlfriends. Oh Hai Dannii Minogue.


But Jacques was pretty attractive back in the day.
He even posed topless for the now defunct F1 Magazine.
(Sadly I couldn't find the photo of that, which is gutting because I know it existed. This picture, though sadly will have to suffice.)


For me though of Jacques most attractive traits, is being opinionated.
One thing Jacques has never been is quiet.

If he had something to say. He would say it.
With no care of the media or who it could offend.
Now with F1 being so careful and protective of its image.
I love someone who fights the power and blatantly doesn't give a toss what anyone thinks.
Of course in time it does get you into trouble.

Sadly for the 1997 F1 world champion.
It did. On a regular basis.

But to me and many others.
It's something that Formula One misses.
Someone with a voice.

Especially if they also have a singing voice.


Luckily you can still hear Jacques's opinions every month in F1 Racing Magazine.
With less of his singing voice though.

Fancy writing a guest post for Retro F1 Fitty of the week?
Contact me on twitter @squiffany or you can email me at squiffany87@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment