Tuesday 18 October 2011

Dan Wheldon 1978-2011

























This post will seem a little late in coming, but without the internet at my new home. I have had to travel back to my old house to steal it.

The next part of this post was written down ready to tell you now.

"It's half twelve on Sunday the 16th of October and I'm laying in my bed writing this down.
At about half past ten. I saw on facebook on my phone that there had been a 15 car pile up in Indycar race in Las Vegas.
From the looks of the footage it was a bad one, I was also told that Dan Wheldon was seriously hurt.
The next thirty minutes was a flurry of trying to find any news I could about the accident without the internet. Twitter on my phone was down and Sky news had nothing about the crash on its sport segment. Funny enough the only place I found some infomation was on Aljazerra TV. (Strange)
Then as I went to bed at midnight, I checked my phone to find out that Dan Wheldon had died aged just 33."

In that moment I dropped my phone and burst in tears and at that moment a little part of my heart died.

I may not know much about Indycar but I do know one thing. That no matter what the motorsport. No race should ever end in a lost of a life. Ever.

Two deaths in five years in Indycar. This figure should of been none.

Any big crash or even a fatality should be a massive reminder that safety in motorsport can never stall or be made light of.

In this dark day in motorsport.

My thoughts are with Dan Wheldon's wife, two children, his family and his friends.
Gone but never forgotten.




























No comments:

Post a Comment