Saturday 5 May 2012

F1 Fitty of the week. Romain Grosjean.

I realised lately that it has been a while since I did a 'F1 Fitty of the week' post. Either retro or current.
And at this rate I will start having to call the posts 'F1 fitty when I can be arsed'.

So. To get back into the swing of things I have made a huge list of F1 Fitties to keep us going till at least June. Hoorah.

So on to this week's F1 Fitty of the week.
Now this fitty holds a special place in my heart now.
In fact I seem to be talking about him on a consistent basis.
(I may need to get out some more.)

He may like to confuse us by pretending to French, when in fact he is actually Swiss.
He may also look like a  Jenson Button doppelganger who's accidentally mated with a giraffe.
But don't let that put you off.

Because he is the most happiest, most smilest Formula One driver I have ever seen.
And that helps make him even more attractive.

This week's F1 fitty is Romain Grosjean.


Now this former banker (Easy. I said banker) hasn't always had it easy in the Formula One world.
A replacement drive for Nelson 'Crashgate' Piquet in the 2009 Renault half way through the season didn't exactly set the world on fire.
In fact no one really noticed that he even left. Maybe he was hiding behind his huge, man bush hair do.
*Shudders*



So when it was announced that Romain would be driving for Lotus in 2012. I didn't think too much of it.
In fact I thought it was a terrible decision.
"Not him again" were words that did come out of my mouth.

But then Australia came and it turns out three years of being out of the F1 spotlight has done Romain a world of good. His driving at the moment is superb (If you forget the crashes and slight technical failures) and his hair is even looking pretty marvellous as well.

And did I mention Romain's accent.


PHWOARRRRRRR.

So a beautiful face, accent and smile.
And that makes me in the words of Grosjean himself  'Very 'appy' indeed to have him as this week's F1 Fitty of the week.

You feel the need to hear more of my daily F1 ramblings. You can also follow me on twitter @squiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment