Saturday 19 May 2012

F1 Lefty watch

So hello.
I just want to let you know that I'm right handed.

A random way to start a post but I will explain.
Since the age of about six. I have always been fascinated with which hands people write with. Especially anyone who wrote or did anything with their left hand.
I was always jealous of the kids who got to use the green and yellow scissors whilst I, being a boring right hand soul. Ended up with the generic red handed scissors. Boo, hiss.

This is something I thought I would grow out of and not notice anymore.
But as I got older, it started to get worse.
Every class I ever studied in. I knew who all the left handers were.
(So if anyone from school, college or university is reading this. I wasn't staring at you. I was just staring at your hands. Honest.)

Most people who are either left or right handed. Usually do something with the opposite hand they write with.
My sister is right handed but eats left handed.
My friend can throw right handed but is actually left handed.

I thought I couldn't do anything left handed until at the age of eighteen whilst playing a game of pool. My friend told me that I played left handed.
I never even noticed. I just thought that was how everyone played.

And since then my left handed obsession seems to have got a little bit out of hand.
To the point where I even started the hash tag #Leftywatch on twitter.
(Still immensely proud of this achievement)

So lets get this post back to F1 and not my life and its boring ramblings.

So F1 has had some amazing 'Southpaws' over the years.
These aren't all of them but here is a small sample of the best ones.

Jenson Button. 
The only left hander on the grid in 2012.
He may be in the minority in terms of dexterity but not in terms of driving.


Johnny Herbert, David Croft and Anthony Davidson 
These three together are a winning F1 commentating/presenting combination.
They also make up a third of the Sky F1 presenting team. How many left handers do the BBC F1 team have? None.
Hoorah for lefties.














Giancarlo Fisichella.
Remember him. Seems like so long ago since he was about in F1.
But he's also another lefty to add to the bunch.
In fact along with Jenson Button in 2001 they also have the title (I think) of being the only both left handed team mates.


And on to the last lefty F1 driver for this post
Probably the best ever left handed driver ever.
I am of course talking about.
The one, the only.

Ayrton Senna


Need I say anymore.

So to all the left handed people out there.
I support and salute you.

And if you see and F1 left handed-ness about.
Remember folks. Hash tag #Leftywatch on twitter.

If you want to hear more of my love for lefties or for Giraffes even you can also follow me on twitter @squiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment