Tuesday 31 January 2012

The gossip that went away, came back and probably will come back round again.

So nearly nine months after the story broke.
We now have a resolution to the Sutil/Lux case.

Sutil was given an 18 months suspended sentence for the count of GBH and £160,000 fine to go to charity.
Now personally I'm glad justice has been done.
Nine months ago I wrote in my blog post. 

"All Formula One drivers have a right to a private life, this I agree on but these guys are role models to so many people. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this kind of behaviour in public. If I "Unintentionally" hit someone. I could easily be done on an assault charge in the UK. Just because this happened in China, it makes no difference. A sorry by Sutil doesn't cover it, not by any stretch."

This isn't about who is wrong or right. This about showing the world that just because you drive Formula One cars, doesn't mean you can act irresponsibly.
You have a job not only has a driver but has a role model to Formula One fans and the general public alike. 

I'm glad that Sutil didn't go to prison. I don't think that would of helped anyone's cause.
Formula One needs decent promotion. A jailed driver would not have gone down too well. 

Sadly even with a resolution the case still hasn't been dropped.
Not with Sutil/Lux but with the case of the missing witness in Lewis Hamilton. 

So maybe in nine months time I may be writing my follow up to side of the case. 

To hear more F1 related ramblings or what time my tea is. Then you can follow me on twitter @squiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment