Saturday 7 January 2012

Retro F1 fitty of the week: James Hunt

Since it has been a while seen I have done a retro F1 fitty post.
I thought I would get back into the swing of things with a F1 fitty from the seventies.
A decade I seemed to haven't covered yet.

Now most ladies do love a bad boy.
We also secretly love a ladies man. (We just don't admit it.)

Now if I mention the seventies, bad boy and ladies man.
Only one name should could to mind.
James Hunt.


James was not only suave and quite beautiful.
He also had a fantastic sense of humour and straight John bull attitude to life and to work
His dry wit made him not only a great driver, but an amazing commentator even after he retired from racing.

One of my favourite piece's of James's honesty has to be this clip.


James was also very laid back. Playing by his own rules, James would turn up to important media events in just jeans and a T-shirt and like to have his own patches sewn onto his race suit.
This was the most infamous one.


Red Bull even replicated it a couple of years ago.


Not only did James have the personality but he also had the looks.
The long blonde hair and dashing blue eyes.
Made him quite the catch back in the day.

But like all the good playboys, James burnt bright and died young.
Which is a travesty.

So to all the retro playboys.
I salute you.

Fancy writing a guest post for retro F1 fitty of the week?
Email me at squiffany87@gmail.com

You can also follow me on twitter @squiffany







No comments:

Post a Comment