Sunday 29 January 2012

OZZIE PROIDE

So anyone who follows me at twitter knows about my slight obsession for anything Australian.
So it makes sense that I seem to like Mark Webber.
Not just for his singing. Honest. 

Now last year was always going be a tough year for Webber.
A young, smart, charismatic world champion for a team mate in Sebastian Vettel.
And a team in Red Bull that generally focuses on bringing new, fresh talent into F1. 

After the loss of Rubens Barrichello from F1 in 2012. (I'm still in mourning over this.)
It seems likely that in the next couple of years we are going to lose Webber too.
Sadly in part due to his age. Mark does turn thirty six this year.

That is why in 2012. The year of the Olympics, my quarter of century and the Muppets movie.
That I'm putting my two pence in, on Mark Webber winning the world championship.


Here are my reasons why.

One.
I assume (We haven't seen pre-testing yet) that the Red Bull car will be quick and like last year reliable.
So winning car. Check.

Two.
Good end to a season, good start to a new one.

I like to believe in this theory.
Mark won the last race of the year (Okay, mainly down to a Vettel car failure but still)
So confidence will be at a high and hopefully will be maintained to the start of the new F1 year.

Three.
Mark Webber is one of the nice guys in F1.
They say nice guys finish last but I'm desperate for that to not happen to Webber.
Mark seems so down to earth and I would really love him to do well.

Like Rubens before him. I would love it if Mark went (When the time comes) out with a bang and a world championship under his arm.
I would also love Webber to get better starts of the grid but you can't wish for everything. If so I would have had that Ferrari by now.

But sadly though.
I'm not Mystic Tiff.

But I'm the same person who predicted a podium for Nick Heidfeld in Malaysia last year.
And that Fernando Alonso would win a championship whilst he was still driving baby steps in a Minardi.


So maybe just maybe it could happen.
*Crosses fingers*

Who do you think is going to win the 2012 championship?
Let me know what you think.

To hear more of my ramblings about F1 and the general state of my ovaries. Follow me on twitter at @squiffany



No comments:

Post a Comment