Wednesday 7 March 2012

The beautiful new channel that means I starve.

So several months ago you may remember me doing a video post about how Bernie was slowly screwing over the UK audience, by only giving the BBC edited highlights when Sky had the full race that weekend.



That video was last September.
Now nearly five months on. I now don't live at home.
I live with my flatmate and we moved into a house that had a Sky dish.

And since Virgin Media wanted to charge us A LOT for TV and broadband.
We decided to go with Sky.

Which meant not only did we get a beautiful Sky+ box, which records everything (Let's not talk about the amount of episodes of My big fat gypsy wedding that I end up recording.) but because we managed to get an HD TV as well. (Thank you flatmate's dad.)

It meant that I could also get the Sky Sport F1 channel.
And my god it's beautiful.
Just seeing the branding made me happy.
Not only that but the previews got me jumping up and down, doing a girly scream like I was at a One Direction concert.

The channel starts this Friday 9th March at 8pm and the weekend is full of brand new programmes.
Including F1 review seasons 1988, 1989, 1990 and 1991.
Steve Rider interviewing Emerson Fittipaldi and Sir Jackie Stewart.
Plus a full four parter review of the 2011 F1 season

And that's just a little bit of the programming. Considering that it is a whole week before the Australian Grand Prix even starts. It's looking well worth the extra money and me starving to death. (It's okay I could drop a few pounds.)

Now has much as I love the BBC, all the extra hours of F1 that Sky are offering is pretty much perfect for a massive fan like me.
I've pretty much Sky+ it all already.

Not only that, but more programming means more blog posts for you my FFF followers and fans.
All I hope is that Sky can deliver when it comes to race day.

Because all the extra programming in the world can't make up for lousy/lacklustre race coverage.

(P.S To all of you who can't afford Sky coverage. I promise not to keep you out of the loop. Big pinky promise.)

Feel free to comment below.
You can also follow me on twitter @squiffany



No comments:

Post a Comment