Monday 12 March 2012

Scottish pride. Jim Clark.

Lately the name on everyone's lips at the moment seems to be Jimmy Clark.
Mainly because Sir Jackie Stewart did an interview on Sky F1 and talked about the great man.


Funny enough this post was actually going to be a Retro F1 fitty of the week post.
But half way through, I realised that it just didn't feel right.

When I do any Fitty of the week, I always do some research (It's a hard life). Mainly looking at pictures and video footage.
This time though.
When I did that for Jim Clark, it seemed a bit wrong.

Whilst watching old youtube footage. I just wanted people to remember how great a driver he really was and when he died in tragic circumstances how devastating it was to the sport.

So from now on. If I do a Retro F1 Fitty of the week it won't involve anyone that we have lost.

But I still feel like Jim Clark should be honoured. Even if it is just in this blog post.

So in honour of the great man.
I'm going to hand you over to another legend.
Murray Walker.

To remind us all and to keep remembering the one and only.
Jim Clark.



If you want to see more F.F.F posts you can also follow me on twitter @squiffany


No comments:

Post a Comment