Sunday 29 May 2011

Diary of a F1 weekend: Monaco

So a better weekend F1 wise for me.
Not so good for some of the drivers.

Well many of the drivers.

So Friday...
Wait. Thursday.

So because Monaco has a national holiday on the Friday. Free practice one and two was on Thursday.
On Thursday I was getting a train to Manchester to meet my friend and have a night out.
So like normal I missed FP1 and FP2.

It turns out I missed several fires and a puddle.
Monaco surface damaged by truck fire
First a truck fire before practice.
Then an OQN fire.
Then a puddle stops practice.
Who says F1 is boring?

Saturday
Now qualifying was a weird one.
Because my worst fear happened.

Now I struggle with big F1 crashes.
I usually cry.
This is because in all the time I have watched grand prix. No one has died.
I am terrified it is going to happen.
So has soon as a big accident occurs and the drivers don't move from or in the car.
I get upset. Really upset.

It happened in qualifying with Sergio Perez.
The bit that made me weep the most was in the slow motion camera replay.
You can see Sergio place his hands on his head has the wall comes closer. About 33 seconds into the clip.

Luckily after some time Sergio was released from the car suffering only a concussion and a bruised thigh. A very lucky man.
Sadly because of this. Sergio had to miss the grand prix but hopefully he will back in time for the Canadian GP.

Sunday
Well.
Where do I start.

I was glued to my telly box.
This race had everything.
Crashes, overtaking and Ali G?

Well I think I may have to do another blog post for that one.
But all I can say is that.
Even though Vettel won again.
This championship is by no means over.

Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, Monaco, 2011

Comments?
Just post below or message me on twitter @squiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment