Monday 25 April 2011

Cheesy F1 adverts of late.

Hey all.
Hope your already counting down the days till F1 returns.
I know I am.

What has amazed me lately is the amount of F1 commercials that have been banded about.
Now I know there have always been F1 adverts but it just seems like more and more are appearing.

Now I think in the UK it's because we actually have some decent winning and world championship British drivers. In the form of Lewis and Jenson.

Now I know F1 drivers aren't actors but my god.
Some of these adverts hurt my eyes, ears and even my dignity.
Have you tried getting people into F1 when they see adverts like these on the Telly box.


Now that advert was just for the Germans.
But the UK did get something similar a few years earlier.


This advert was also a recent one for us in the UK. Luckily not involving shampoo.
Sadly Nigel must of needed the cash.


Now sadly history is repeating itself with identical shampoo adverts. For Jenson and Sebastian.
(Why does F1 and shampoo always go hand in hand? You never see the drivers hair under a helmet anyway.)


It's just so wrong.


It turns out if you win a world championship then you must have dandruff. Fact.

Just ask Michael Schumacher. In the first F1 advert I ever saw.


Now this one was in Italian (I couldn't find the version I was looking for), we got the same advert but worse.
It was dubbed.
Argggghh.

Mind you I still don't think it will top this.
Though at least this was for a good cause. Promoting milk to youngsters.

This print advert shows that at the end of it all.
Drivers will flog any old tat for cash.
Just ask Fernando Alonso

I have found an advert to top Jenson's Head&Shoulders shenanigans. Fernando Alonso advertising kitchen worktops.

I would like to say a big thank you and credit Kate or @Petronella on twitter. (Follow her she does great F1 tweets) For spotting this picture in Ideal Homes magazine and for me to be able steal it for my blog.

Comments? Seen any more recent cheesy adverts? Print or video.
Just post below or twitter me @squiffany.


No comments:

Post a Comment