Tuesday 30 August 2011

I would like to thank BBC F1 for...

A friend once said to me I had an obsessive personality.
When I asked them what they meant by that this was their response.

"Once you find something you like, you stick with it obsessively until you find the next thing to be obsessed about and then move on. "

Sadly this is quite true.

I had a phase of this in the last year of university.
When I listened to anything Hamish and Andy related for several months.
(For British and some international readers, Hamish and Andy are two Australian TV and radio personalities.)



I also tend get a bit obsessive with music.
Yes I ruin songs for everyone.
I tend to play the same song or album continuously for months, until friends and family either hate me or the song/album I keep playing.




I did this with Green Day's International Superhits when I was 15.
My family now shudder at the mere thought of this album. 


















At university my friends said I played this song that much, it now reminds them of me. 
I ruined They might be giants for a lot of people. 


But if you continued reading till this point. Well done. You deserve a medal for dealing with my ramblings.
Now back to why I need to thank the BBC F1 for.
(I say thanks, loosely. *If you haven't detected the sarcasm, you should do...Now*)


















Anyone who knows me. Knows that I love Supergrass.
I even went to see them on their farewell tour last year.
(I was on the front row, Gaz winked at me and I still haven't recovered from the aftermath swoon.)

But the BBC F1 has made me obsessive with one song all over again.
I have now been dancing to it for the last three days.
Cheers for that.
Damn you BBC F1 music picker. You have too good a taste.

So here is the BBC F1 footage.


And the better quality Supergrass video.


And by sharing this with you.
It will get out of my head and into someone else's then I can move on to my next obsessive phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment