Wednesday 16 March 2011

Formula One. When girls do win.

Hello.
Hope you are all OK.

One thing I love about being a woman F1 fan is the amount of arguements and disagreements you get into when Formula One is mentioned.

Mainly when you know more about F1 then the bloke you are arguing with.

These tend to occur more often then you think.

Tonight for example I was talking to my male work colleague about F1.
We were talking about how much F1 drivers get paid, when my friend said.
"When Coulthard left in 1997, he was paid loads and he won 12 races that year."

Ahh.

Then my big gob opened with.
One Coulthard didn't leave F1 till 2008
and two he only ever won 13 races in his whole career.
So that can't be true.

It turns out nothing makes a bloke shut up faster, when then realise they have no comeback.
Because you know more about the subject then they do.

Facts are always a winner in an F1 arguement but what happens when the F1 disagreement is about opinion and not fact.

Sadly these are the arguements that you tend to only win by being the loudest or even the mardy-est.

To this day me and my brother in law still argue about Schumacher in his glory days of 2000-2004.
It turns out my Italian Brother in law Ferrari fan and me (Who changes teams and drivers more then my shoes) can just never win because opinion is always a hard arguement to adjudicate.

So you just have agree to disagree

But if you wants to win an F1 fight.
You just need to remember the facts.
:):):)


No comments:

Post a Comment