Tuesday 15 March 2011

A way to F1 girls heart... A huge plug.

Hello all.
Hope your having a lovely day/night.

So F1 season starts in less then two weeks.
I am extremely excited.
I know I am because I have been boring the pants off everybody with F1 starting talk.

Now for non or new F1 fans.
F1 has been off our TV screens for just under 6 months.

So how did I keep myself entertained.
Simple I laughed at F1.

Now I can safely reassure you that I'm not that funny/clever to make myself laugh and giggle at F1 by myself.

I had help.
Lots of help.

In the form of some amazing websites.
You think I'm funny.
Then your in for an F1 hoot with these guys.

So in no real order.

WTF1

Made by a Nottingham lad. (Hometowns for the win)
This is main website I always seems to refer F1 fans to.
Mainly because it doesn't talk about facts and figures but has a good old giggle at the absurdities of F1.
From F1 cakes to photoshopped eyebrows.
This has been well and truely been keeping me entertained in the off-season.

Box Of Neutrals

The only Australian F1 radio show. Apparently. :)
This is my podcast of choice.
Three blokes talking F1 usually ain't a win, but this show is very different.
Found by accident when an Aussie friend (@GigglingBelle) directed me to her radio show and I somehow ended up stumbling into finding box of neutrals instead.
Michael, Rob and Pete talk about the serious side of F1 but then forget about being serious and make me giggle every week with their idiosyncrasies.
Ranging from the Trolololo man, To educating Pete and Telling the time with Timo Glock.
This makes my whole girly Friday.

Unlap

The best F1 related merchandise in the world.
With so many topical T-shirts (and in woman's sizes too) and beautiful F1 prints
and is also one of the most generous websites for giving away his products as prizes in twitter competitions.
Plus Luke has helped other F1 sites by making merchandise for them.Grand <span class=
Luke really knows how to treat his F1 fans.

Now I'm putting these two together because not only do they have great websites but their twitter pages also make F1 extremely fun during race season.

Grand Prix Diary and Pitflaps have a reputation for lateness of F1 news.
Does it matter.
Nope.
These two sites always raise a smile, mainly because they just take the mickey out of F1.
GPD prides itself of being alternative F1 news.
Pitflaps prides itself on being printed on internet ink.

Without these F1 sites in my life.
I wouldn't be half as funny and F1 really would be just cars going round a track.

And F1 girls really do know that really isn't the case.
:):)












No comments:

Post a Comment